Tuesday 29 January 2013

Cut for Mikey

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, and I have the right to change it. If I get facts wrong, I’m sorry. You’ll live. As always, feel free to comment.

NB: As stated before (in another post), when I’m angry, I swear. Especially at first. If you’re offended by profanity, you probably shouldn’t read this.

My first thoughts: You fucking twats. Why? MCR is against self harm. It’s pretty much what they’re about, apart from awesome music. You know, the first lyrics they wrote were “You’re not in this alone”. And really, after slagging off those Cut for Bieber trolls, you cut for Mikey? You dicks.

*gears up for a rant*

Mikey Way has cheated on his wife of seven years. With a 20-year-old.

Personally, I think cheats are absolute scum. If something’s that wrong with your relationship that you feel you have to go elsewhere, you should at least mention it to your partner. Talk through it. See if you can make things work. Because love gives you the power to break someone, and it’s not fun being broken.

But Mikey cheating isn’t any of your business. Does it really affect your life? So much so that you feel you have to do the last thing any of MCR wants you to do, ever? Is one guy dicking around* really worth disappointing one of your favourite bands**?

And do you really want to be painted with the same brush as Beliebers?

Yeah, no. You’re better than that***. You don’t want to be called a Justin Bieber fan because you cut over your idols, do you? And more importantly – they don’t want you to cut.

tl;dr Yeah, cheating is stupid. No, you shouldn’t cut over it.‡

Love always,
Victoria

* To dick is a verb. It means to be a dick. Honest.
** I’m assuming people that cut for Mikey like MCR.
*** No offense to Beliebers. Just MCR-ers (Romantics? Hell yeah) have better music taste than you. The disclaimer’s there for a reason.
‡ If it’s over your relationships… well, people still shouldn’t cut, but I empathize. (Wait, what? I’ve never been in a relationship. I understand more, then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment